Thursday 5 May 2011

 

Visitors to Stoke-sub-Hamdon





When I was looking at the computer a few days ago I realised that one of my Australian cousins had come on a visit to Somerset and not let me offer hospitality. By a coincidence the next day I received an e-mail from his mother so, naturally I mentioned that I should have liked to have met him. This brought to light that that cousin had moved on to Italy but that his brothers were in Edinburgh! We made contact and they included a visit to Stoke-sub-Hamdon, their ancestral home village, on their way to Paris to meet with other members of their family who were also touring from Victoria.



I have had a suggestion about the picture from one wife but, alas, too late: one should be covering his ears, the next his eyes and the third his mouth! The three of them are sitting on a seat in St Mary's churchyard which was used by their mum when she came over last time.


After they left I went over to Greylake and saw whimbrel for the first time.

http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/name/w/whimbrel/index.aspx

Labels: , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]