Saturday 2 October 2010

 

A Postmaster from Battersea

As always, I am pleased when a cousin comes to see me. This is the third time Ron has been this way in the last fifteen months so he must like it here. I got a phone call a few days before to invite me to lunch and we had a good chat.
Since then I have made contact with others in his line from my 2xg aunt Jane. Pity, but he couldn't help with the enigma of the picture left by cousin Graham. It is a picture collected by Lewis Chant, Graham's grandfather when he was over here about 1900 checking on wool prices. and is captioned 'Postmaster Chant'. As the picture was taken in Battersea and bears a strong resemblance to Frederick Isaac Chant it looks as if it should be one of Jane's children.

Labels: ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]