Wednesday 28 April 2010

 

Fate takes a hand

I had not heard from my cousin Diana for a couple of months so phoned today to see how she was faring. She is a busy soul and, although not too steady when walking, at present, is always up and doing. She was on her way out as I rang, so had time only to say that one of our cousins (nearer to her than me) had expressed an interest in the tree so had been sent some information; a response is awaited.

I looked up this new recruit and it got me thinking about Gale kinfolk in that particular line. Gideon Gale is buried at Stoke-sub-Hamdon and several of his children with him. I have also found graves in Wiltshire and Dorset for sons, George Gideon and Malachi. I had no idea about Igdaliah who had married cousin Rosina Chant.

On the Ancestry web site I saw that both Igdaliah and Rosina had died in the 1920s and the registrations made at Mere in Wiltshire. As Jenny will be exploring some of the villages in that area in a few weeks time I was mindful to pass on the two names in case she should see their grave(s) by some chance. I was at a loose end today so decided to start looking for myself as well and travelled up the A303 towards Mere as a starting place. I was quite confident that the two for whom I was looking were not in Mere itself or Zeals, as they have been explored quite well.

From the A303 I went northward towards Stourton and Gasper as they would still be in Mere registration area. I left both those villages for later and decided to look at Kilmington. Why?

Got it in one!

Labels: , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]