Saturday 25 July 2009

 

R.I.P.

The news today was that Harry Patch, the last survivor of WW1 trench warfare had died.
Some time ago one of the Patch members of the family asked if he was related to us. Now I have looked the answer appears to be 'no'. I have gone back to the start of the 1800s and it looks as if the family was established in Wedmore. I can not see a Wedmore connection for us although there may be one earlier that I have not discovered.

Henry John PATCH 17 June 1898 to 25 July 2009
son of
William John PATCH born in 1863 in Norton St Philip
son of
Frederick PATCH born in 1842 in Wedmore
son of
John PATCH born in 1816 in Wedmore.

Labels:


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]